AS MEDIA WARRIORS...
We are fed up with diet-talk and ideals of what a "perfect" body should look like.
So we're actively deciding to change the narrative within our culture.
We're using our voices to promote healing. And change.
We're passionate about consuming, creating, and sharing content that spreads messages of love and empowerment.
Because we believe that everybody and every body deserves to be acknowledged and to be heard.
We're redefining health, beauty, and the relationship we have with our bodies.
We're fed up with comparison.
We're replacing it with compassion - towards others and ourselves.
And we won't stop until we've created a new conversation
of acceptance, vulnerability, diversity, and healing.
THIS IS WHY WE'RE MEDIA WARRIORS FOR CHANGE.
HERE'S HOW YOU GET STARTED:
1. Follow us on social! @circlesofchange
2. Unfollow 5 accounts that make you feel bad about your body image or food habits, and following 5 new accounts that incorporate messages of body neutrality, intuitive eating, self-love, self-care, and self-acceptance.
3. Read books that have body-friendly messages. Our favorites include: Holding Up The Universe, Every Body Yoga, Too Fat Too Slutty Too Loud, A New Body Consciousness, This Impossible Light, Dietland, Shrill, Dumplin'
5. Decide not to compare yourself to others you see on your feed. If you're finding this hard, take a break from social media for a little while!
6. Choose language that feels productive towards others (and your own) journey to healing. This means thinking about what you're commenting and how others may react to the words you write. Is this helpful or harmful in moving forward to change the conversation around health, beauty, and body image?
7. Share resources such as news articles, blog posts, movies, books, pictures and music that you have found insightful. And before sharing, think about the message this is sending others. Is this something you would tell your best friend, your sibling, your child, or your parents?
8. Post intentional selfies. What does that mean, you ask?! It means posting not for likes, but simply because you feel beauty and you want others to celebrate both the inner and outer beauty you exude.
9. Have fun with hashtags! Use and explore these different hashtags on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Some of our favorites include: #selfcare #selflove #bodypositive #antidiet #bodyneutral #beyou #bodyacceptance #bopowarrior #bodypositivity #seethe67 #takebackthebeach #thebodyisnotanapology #projectheal #neda #edawareness
10. Join the conversation! If you're interested in being a contributor to our blog, let us know in the "drop us the note" section when you sign up to become a media warrior today.
SHARE WITH US HOW YOU'RE SHIFTING THE CONVERSTION
IN THE MEDIA YOU CREATE AND CONSUME.
TAG US USING @CIRCLESOFCHANGE OR #CIRCLESOFCHANGE
SPREAD THE LOVE
Share your Media Warrior heart with others while also giving back to our cause.
Do something within your circles that raises awareness and funds.
Here are a few examples of what Media Warriors have done:
PROMOTE ON SOCIAL
Purchase anything from our "Every Body Is Beautiful" apparel collection (all proceeds directly support the mission of Ophelia's Place). Take a selfie with your new shirt, a photo of your cling, a picture of your morning cup of coffee in your new Circles of Change mug and tag us using #circlesofchange or @circlesofchange
A Media Warriors who loves to read hosts a monthly body-positive book club at a local cafe. She asks that those who attend donate even just $1 to give back to the cause.
A college student decides to host a screening of the documentary, Embrace, at her college. She sells tickets with a portion of the proceeds directly supporting Ophelia's Place, the place she received treatment during her struggle. At the event, she shares her story, the story of Circles of Change, and hosts a pop-up shop with Circles of Change product.