AS MOVEMENT WARRIORS...
We move our bodies as a way to deepen our connection to our selves.
We understand this is a very personal act.
WE KNOW THAT EVERY BODY IS UNIQUE IN ITS ABILITY TO MOVE.
We approach our bodies not as objects,
but as instruments to bring our unique talents into the world.
We believe the art and act of movement,
set with an intention, can nurture this unfolding,
and cultivate a space of inner peace, self-love, and confidence.
We know many of us have felt at war with our bodies and at odds with exercise.
WE GET HOW COMPLICATED IT IS TO UNTANGLE THE MESSAGES AROUND
HEALTH, FITNESS, BEAUTY AND SUCCESS.
We have great compassion for this struggle.
This is why we are doing our part to change it.
THIS IS WHY WE ARE MOVEMENT WARRIORS FOR CHANGE.
HERE'S HOW YOU GET STARTED:
1. Dedicate at least one workout/activity/physical expression a month to cultivating this deeper connection to yourself through your movement.
2. Download one of our audio recordings and listen to it before or during your movement as a way to get centered and set an intention. Click here to download a recording on faith, flexibility, or forgiveness.
3. Decide what kind of emotional boost your spirit may need in that moment, and focus on that during your movement. Breathe it in and out. Every time your mind wanders, use your breath to bring your focus back to that feeling space. Feel it move through your muscles, limbs, and skin.
4. Choose something or someone, personal to you, to focus on during your movement that lifts your heart and spirit, and gets you excited, other than your usual mental checklist. Allow yourself to dream and wonder as you flow with your movement.
5. Tune into encouraging, empowering, and uplifting music. Listen to it, deeply and intentionally, and see where it takes you within yourself.
6. Open the book, A New Body Consciousness, and see what heart you were meant to read. Muse on it during your movement. Purchase here.
7. Use a form of movement you love to raise awareness about our cause and to share with others the passion you have for a deeper body connection. See some examples below.
SHARE WITH US HOW YOU FELT AS
YOU APPROACHED MOVEMENT IN THIS WAY.
TAG US USING @CIRCLESOFCHANGE OR #CIRCLESOFCHANGE
SPREAD THE LOVE
Share your Movement Warrior heart with others while also giving back to our cause.
Do something within your movement circles that raises awareness and funds.
Here are a few examples of what Movement Warriors have done:
RUN FOR A CAUSE
A group of girlfriends (some long-time runners, some first-time runners), formed a Circles of Change fundraising team for the Lake Effect Half Marathon to raise money for Ophelia’s Place. They ran together leading up to the race, supporting each other and reminding one another the gift it is to move their bodies, to feel their breath, and to do it for a cause greater than themselves.
YOGA FOR A CAUSE
A yoga teacher hosts a yoga class for her friends, family, and yoga community, and donates the class fees to Ophelia’s Place. She believes yoga is for everybody and every body.
GYMS THAT GET IT
An owner of a gym, who understands the mixed messaging that often happens around body, health, and worth in the fitness industry, dedicated a Saturday morning fitness class to raising awareness and funds for Ophelia’s Place.